Small business owners often make the mistake of viewing their website as an inactive end point for their marketing efforts verses the active portal of communication that it really is. As a result, websites are often underdeveloped, and inconsistent from other platforms, and receive the scraps of the marketing budget. Let’s look at what you can do to ensure your new web design works for you, not against you.
Treat Your Website Like The King Of Your Business Castle
From what your business offers to its brand history and authority, your business website is your primary gateway of communicating all that is your business. It should be treated like the king of your business castle.
Your website is open 24/7 promoting your business with precise consistency and effectiveness, which makes it the absolute most powerful marketing channel in your arsenal. Yet, some businesses drastically lessen the above by having dated and a drab website design that provides an ineffective user experience.
So, how do you ensure the king of the castle is dressed for success? Easy. You use our web design services to create a website that’s an asset, not a deterrent.
What We Do In A Nutshell
Our in-house design experts methodically create or transform your website into a fresh, modern, and user-friendly design that’s appropriate for such a fundamental piece of your business.
We’ve worked with businesses of all calibers, sizes, industries, and niches. From major national healthcare providers to small local retailers, if there’s a website for it, then we’ve likely been there and done that.
Experience is great, but our success is based on understanding that no client wants a one-size-fits all approach that lumps them in as just another competitor on internet row. The goal here is to showcase what makes your business and its website special.
The above is why our approach always begins by addressing each client’s goals and needs as an individualized foundation for their unique web design. Your input is always essential to our process. We build on this foundation by studying target markets and niches to determine the most desirable and effective website features based on your goals and needs.
Our objective isn’t just to satisfy you with the design of your website. No, our eye is always on surpassing the expectations of both you and your website’s visitors. If you standout, we stand out.
We Need Three Things to Get Started
As mentioned above, you remain an active participant in your new Charlotte web design. We just do all the heavy lifting for you, our partner. We will need a few things from you in getting started, however.
1. Your Business Needs and Goals
The first step in our partnership is detailing what you want your website to accomplish and your unique needs in doing so. This information is invaluable in creating a website that functions to its full potential now and has room to grow and evolve in accordance with your business model.
Here are some of the things we will discuss with you in detail to design your ideal website:
- Do you want your website to generate leads? The answer will tell us facets like whether or not we should include contact forms on your website.
- Do you want your website to educate its visitors in some way? Your website can be sales only, informational only, or a combination of both. The latter two go a long way in establishing your business as an industry or niche authority.
- Do you want your website to increase conversation rates? If this is your primary goal, then we can design your website to motivate and corral your visitors toward becoming customers and clients.
- Do you want your website to validate your reputation? If so, we can encourage retained customers to become brand advocates, and we can highlight what your goods and services are best known for to entice new audiences to give you a chance.
- Do you want your website to spread brand awareness? This is an important element for both profit and non-profit businesses in achieving their objectives.
2. System Access
In order for us to create a website for you, we will need you to grant us access to your systems, including:
- Add us as a admin user on Google Analytics and Google Search Console accounts.
- CMS login credentials.
- If you have an existing website, the login information for it.
- Login credentials for domain name registrar.
- If DNS is hosted elsewhere than the registrar, we will need those DNS login credentials.
3. Branding Guidelines and Asset Access
In order for us to ensure that your website is thoroughly aligned with all the other platforms you utilize, we need to know your branding guidelines and be granted access to your branding assets.
We’ll ask for any reference materials you can offer to help us better understand the vision, clients, competitors, and marketplace of your business.
We will ask you to detail your brand’s voice as a style guide. This includes the colors, fonts, shapes, language, media, and so forth you’ve use to communicate with your audiences.
Here are some examples of how we will use this information and access:
- If you use a specific font for emails, texts, and newsletters, we want to carry those over to your website.
- If you have specific brand colors, we want to incorporate them into your web design.
- Do you have a specific phrasing style on other platforms that we can continue on your website?
- Do you use a tag line on other platforms for us to incorporate into the design?
- We will need to know everything about your logo, including any .ai, .png, and .eps format variations. This enables us to include an easily recognizable and prominently placed version of your logo on all your web pages.
- Have you used any photo, video, graphic, or other media on other platforms? We use such branding media sources to help give your website its unique personality.
We use the above branding guidelines to establish a universal, recognizable appearance for your business across all platforms. Why? This enables audiences to automatically affiliate your presence with who you are and your website based on aesthetics alone.
Work With a Professional Web Design Team!
We offer a full suite of web design services for customers of all sizes and industries. Our professional team of web designers is ready to design a website that will truly be the king of your business castle. Gather the information you need and contact us today. Let’s get started.